ASSISTANT MANAGER – BEEF CATTLE
- Progressive and innovative cattle enterprise
- Spanning 4,000 hectares across two properties
- Located in the Central Tablelands, NSW
- Offering a salary range of $85,000 to $90,000
A premier Angus beef cattle operation known for its progressive approach to commercial cattle breeding and fattening. Our enterprise comprises two well-maintained grazing properties, spanning a combined 4,000 ha, situated in close proximity to each other. The properties boast productive soils, a mix of improved and native pastures, consistent rainfall (750-950mm annually), reliable water sources, and top-tier infrastructure.
Currently, we manage 2,800 breeding cows across both sites. Our focus is dual-fold: enhancing carrying capacities and ensuring optimal animal welfare. Our approach leans heavily on genetic improvements, low-stress stock handling, and maximizing grazing efficiency. Additionally, we have a large-scale AI program implemented on 1,200 heifers annually and an annual 900 hectare pasture improvement program utilising rotations of winter crops. We utilise modern technologies, including GPS guidance on machinery and advanced livestock monitoring, to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
We are on the lookout for an Assistant Manager to join our dynamic team. The selected candidate will engage in all activities associated with our cattle breeding enterprise. The role necessitates a passion for farm management, a thirst for knowledge, a willingness to contribute new ideas, and good teamwork skills.
- Low stress stock handling, livestock processing, drafting and animal husbandry.
- Rotational grazing management.
- Facilitate the annual cropping schedule.
- Operate and maintain relevant machinery.
- General farm maintenance.
- Manage records and data effectively using pertinent software.
- Uphold the highest standards of work safety and health protocols.
- Proven expertise in cattle husbandry: stock movements, handling, administering drenches, and vaccines.
- Proficiency in operating farm machinery: tractors, seeders, sprayers, etc.
- Solid computer literacy for data management, record-keeping, and analysis.
- Experience in chemical applications for crop and pasture management.
- Knowledge in general farm maintenance: fencing, water systems, etc.
- Good written and oral communication capabilities.
- Tertiary agricultural qualification.
- Valid car and motorbike licences.
- ChemCert accreditation.
- First Aid certification (preferred).
- Heavy Rigid Truck Licence and/or Heavy Combination Licence (preferred).
- Experience with working cattle dogs (preferred).
PACKAGE & LOCATION
The selected candidate will be offered a comfortable, renovated 3-bedroom residence with utilities included. A work vehicle and an allowance for working dog food are also provided. The properties are strategically located, a mere 20-minute drive from Blayney and 40 minutes from Bathurst – granting easy access to major shopping hubs, healthcare facilities, and recreational venues.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward their updated CVs, complemented by at least three references.
Farm Manager, Craiglea Pastoral Pty Limited
📞 0424 405 753